Iceland: 12 songs for the gold ticket!!!!!
This year, Söngvakeppnin, is consist of 2 semi-finals (6th and 13th of February) and 1 Final show (20th of February). In every semi-final will participate six songs. Three songs of every semi-final will qualify for the final, and one, from those which did not qualify, will take a wild-card for the Final (7 songs).
All twelve songs have Icelandic lyrics. This is the version we are going to hear on the 2 semi-finals, but the seven songs that will qualify for the Final, must be performed in their intended language for Stockholm.
The 12 acts of Söngvakeppnin 2016 are:
- Ég sé þig – Sigríður Eir Zophoniasardóttir og Jóhanna Vala Höskuldsdótti
- Fátækur námsmaður – Ingólfur Þórarinsson
- Hugur minn er – Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir og Hjörtur Traustason
- Kreisí – Sigga Eyrún
- Óstöðvandi – Karlotta Sigurðardóttir
- Raddirnar – Greta Salome Stefánsdóttir
- Augnablik – Alda Dís Arnardóttir
- Á ný – Elísabet Ormslev
- Ég leiði þig heim – Pálmi Gunnarsson
- Ótöluð orð – Erna Mist & Magnús Thorlacius
- Óvær – Helgi Valur Ásgeirsson
- Spring yfir heiminn – Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir & Guðmundur Snorri Sigurðarson
The first six songs will take part in the first semi-final, and the rest in the second one.
Through the participants we can distinguish Greta Salome Stefánsdóttir name. She participated in the Eurovision Song Contest of 2012 in Baku, with Jonsi and the song “Never forget” (20th place – 46 points in the Grand Final).
In 2015, Iceland participated in ESC with Maria Olafs and her song Unbroken (15th place in the semi-final).