Latvia: National selection “Supernova” kicks off on February 3.
The Latvian national broadcaster LTV confirmed February 3 as the date that Latvia’s national selection Supernova will kick off. For the first time the opening show this year will be aired on Saturday instead of Sunday and accordingly this will happen for the next rounds too.
21 acts will participate in this year’s selection. You can see the artists and the songs in the following list:
- Agnese Stengrevics – You Are My World
- Liene Greifane – Walk the Talk
- MIONIA – You
- Laura Rizzotto – Funny Girl
- Madara – Esamiba
- Katrine Lukins – Running Red Lights
- Monta – 1000 Roses
- Jenny May – Soledad
- Markus Riva – This Time
- Edgars Kreilis – Younger Days
- Ritvars – Who’s Counting?
- Lauris Valters – Lovers Bliss
- Ed Rallidae – What I Had With You
- In My Head – Sunset
- DVINES – More Than Meets The Eye
- Hypnotic – Pray
- Sudden Lights – Just Fine
- Kris & Oz – Morning Flight
- Rahu the Fool – Oh, Longriver
- Riga Reggae – STOP THE WAR U2
- Katrina Gupalo & the Black Birds – Intoxicating Caramel
Supernova has been the country’s formula of selecting its Eurovision representative since 2015, when Latvia was represented by Aminata with her song Love Injected, bringing the country after many years of failure back to the Grand final in a very impressive way, by achieving a 6th place on the final scoreboard.
Latvia made its debut in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2000 and has been crowned winner only one time, in 2002, with Marie N and her entry I Wanna. Since the introduction of the two semi finals system the country counts rather more non qualifying results in semi finals than participations in the Grand Final. Last year Triana Park represented Latvia with the song Line, which unfortunately finished in the last place of the 1st semi final.
Lets remember Triana Park’s performance: