Norway: Agnete wins with ‘Icebreaker’
Last night in Oslo, ten acts gave their best to win the ticket for Stockholm this coming May. But only one succeeded in winning the Norwegian national final, Melodi Grand Prix 2016. It was Agnete with her “Icebreaker”.
The 2016 Norwegian representative was decided over 2 rounds of voting. After the first set of performances from the 10 competitors, the public decided that Laila Samuels, Suite 16, Agnete and Freddy Kalas should qualify to the second round of the final, the Gold Final.
- Agnete – “Icebreaker”
- Freddy Kalas – “Feel Da Rush”
- Suite 16 – “Anna Lee”
- Laila Samuels – “Afterglow”
Then, the public televote was opened and the public was given the chance to vote for their favourite of the 4 super-finalists. The final results for the winning song were as follows:
- Midt-Norge (Central): Agnete (14,898 votes)
- Nord-Norge (North): Agnete (51,097 votes)
- Sørlandet (South): Agnete (14,825 votes)
- Vestlandet (West): Agnete (18,574 votes)
- Østlandet (East): Agnete (67,334 votes)
ENJOY THE WINNING PERFORMANCE: