Spain: TVE releases the 17 potential ESC entries and the Operancion Triunfo acts assigned to
Operancion Triunfo, which is the mechanism through which Spain will determine its Eurovision 2019 representative, is reaching to its final stages and the briadcaster revealed the candidate songs for Eurovision Gala and the the OT acts assigned to.
THE ASSINGNMENT OF SONGS
The national broadcaster had received the candidate songs through two formats. The Spanish broadcaster made an open call to authors that have already a recorded song, to send in their music proposals having the right the same time to suggest which OT act they suggest as most appropriate to perform their songs, without this being binding for RTVE. Following the submissions a special committe formed by five members representing OGAE Spain, AEV Spain, RTVE Digital and the Spanish music industry evaluated all submitted entries. The same time TVE and Gestmusic addressed a separate invitation to established composers and producers in the music scene. A special committee of five members from TVE, RTVE Digital and the Operacion Triunfo teachers shortlisted the submitted songs.
After this process a total of 17 entries eventually ,instead of 20 as initially planned, were assigned to OT conestants. However, according to the director OT co-producer company, GestMusic, Tinet Rubira , not all acts will be assingned with a song. The Academy’s teachers chose the one with the most vocally skilled acts and did not interfere in the choice of songs at all.
THE POTENTIAL SONGS
The 17 ESC potential songs and the acts will perform them were released by the Spanish broadcaster. Here is the list:
1. Famous – No puedo más (mid-tempo with gospel influence)
2. Miki – La venda (Catalan rumba/ska)
3. Alba Reche – ¿Qué será luego? (flamenco/soul/latin ballad)
4. Miki & Natalia – Nadie se salva
5. Julia – Qué quieres que haga (flamenco/soul/latin ballad)
6. Natalia – La clave (Spanish pop/urban)
7. Sabela – Dímelo de frente (pop/electronic)
8. Sabela – Hoy soñaré (ethnic/chill out)
9. Miki – El equilibro (indie rock)
10. Noelia – Hoy vuelvo a reír otra vez (romantic)
11. Marilia – Todo bien (latin/dance/funk)
12. María – Muérdeme (emotional song)
13. Carlos Right – Se te nota (international latin pop)
14. Damion – Sale (pop/dancehall)
15. Marta – Vuelve (romantic)
16. Joan Garrido & Marilia – A tu lado
17. Carlos Right – Nunca fui (romantic)
However this yeat the songs won’t be presented in an earlier stage. The acts with the teachers’ and composers’ contribution will record a demo version of the songs on December 16, while a one minute snippet will be released on the official RTVE site. After OT final on December 19, an online voting will open on the RTVE webpage for two weeks up to January 2, during which visitors will be able to cast their votes. The 3 most voted entries will automatically pass to the Eurovision Gala national final, while a five member jury from TVE, TVE Digital and Operacion Triunfo 2018 teachers will choose additionally 7 more entries from the rest 14 songs.
The wiiners of ΟΤ 2017, Alfred & Amaia , represented the country in Lisbon with their song Tu cancion and finished 23rd in the final.