Tonight: The 1st Semi final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 takes place at Expo Tel Aviv
Time flies they say and here we are again with the 1st semi final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 , at Expo Tel Aviv in Tel Aviv , Israel.
A total of seventeen nations will perform their songs live tonight, with ten advancing to the Grand Final through a combination of jury and televoting. A variety of genres of music and different kind of outfits and style will take the stage tonight as the 1st semi final unfolds at Expo Tel Aviv. The show will be presented by a team of four hosts. Namely they are, Erez Tal and Bar Rafaeli will take to the stage, whilst Lucy Ayoub and Assi Azar will host the green room.
The Israeli broadcaster KAN has planned an exciting show tonight, Netta will open the show with a reprise of her song Toy, and Dana International will perform the interval act.
How to watch
Semi-final 1 will begin at 21:00 CEST (22:00 local time).
- Cyprus: Tamta – Replay
- Μontenegro: D mol – Heaven
- Finland: Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman – Look Away
- Poland: Tulia – Fire of Love (Pali się)
- Slovenia: Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl – Sebi
- Czech Republic: Lake Malawi – Friend of a Friend
- Hungary: Joci Pápai – Az én apám
- Belarus: ZENA – Like It
- Serbia: Nevena Božović – Kruna
- Belgium: Eliot – Wake Up
- Georgia: Oto Nemsadze – Keep on Going
- Australia: Kate Miller-Heidke – Zero Gravity
- Iceland: Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
- Estonia: Victor Crone – Storm
- Portugal: Conan Osiris – Telemóveis
- Greece: Katerine Duska – Better Love
- San Marino: Serhat – Say Na Na Na
Ten of these acts will win the chance tonight to perform their song again in the Grand Final of Eurovision 2019 on Saturday 18 May. The qualifiers are decided by 50% public vote, who will vote via their phones tonight, and 50% jury vote, who cast their vote on performances in a special jury show last night.
Attendees from 20 countries are able to vote for their favourite songs tonight; the 17 competing nations of the semi-final, as well as 3 of the automatic qualifiers (Israel, France and Spain).
The Bookies’ favorites
With the first semi-final being around the corner, betting shops are on fire and under steam receiving the bets from around the world as thousands are try to predict which
So far the 10 countries that seem to go through to the Satrurday’s final are: Greece, Cyprus, Australia, Iceland, Hungary, Serbia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Belgium and Estonia. but where talking about betting so anything can change up to the last monent!