Albania: RTSH begins selection process for Eurovision 2022
Albania’s national broadcaster, RTSH, has confirmed that it will take part in next year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Italy.
RTSH (Albanian national broadcaster) has confirmed its participation in Eurovision 2022 and has started the process for the 60th edition of Festivali i Kenges, through which the country’s representative will be selected in the next competition to be held in Italy.
RTSH has released the national selection regulations for 2022 and opened the submission window for interested singers and composers wishing to represent the country at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Italy.
Applications can be sent in person at the RTSH headquarters or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RTSH has published the rules for the next edition according to which applicants must comply. To participate in the selection you need:
– The final version of the song to be performed
– The final version of the song with the orchestra, with and without back vocals
– Vocal score of the song and reflection of the text in each mass
– Score of the song for execution by the symphony orchestra and the Festival band
– Version of the song in MIDI File that “connects” instruments with devices that produce and control music
– Full text of the song.
– Photo and profile / biography of the singer or group including other activities, awards and specials.
The show usually takes place in late December and lasts three nights with two semifinals and a big final show that determined the Albanian representative of Eurovision.
Albania in Eurovision
Albania has been taking part in the Eurovision Song contest since 2004 and has not won the competition to date.
Best placing so far was in 2012 with Rona Nishliu with her song “Suus” which finished 5th in the final.
This year Albania represented by Anxhela Peristeri who sang “Karma” which finished 21th place with only 57 points.
News Source: RTSH
Image: EBU / THOMAS HANSES