Azerbaijan: The 15 acts that participated in iTV’s auditions of Eurovision 2019 internal selection
INFE Azerbaijan revealed a list of the 15 acts that took part in Azerbaijan’s national broadcaster’s auditions, which aim to find the country’s next Eurovision representative.
A total of 15 acts , most of them familiar to the country’s Eurovision audience, took part in the special auditions held by national broadcaster ,iTV, in the framework of Azerbaijan’s national selection. We remind you that Azerbaijan has opted for an internal selection in order to select it Eurovision act and entry for Tel Aviv next May. But lets take a closer look who are these 15 hopefuls according to INFE Azerbaijan’s list:
- Emiliya Yaqubova – Winner of the first season of the Voice of Azerbaijan
- Samira Efendi – Participated in the Azerbaijani selection multiple times
- Maryam Shabanova – Finalist in the 2010 selection process
- Vlada Ahundova – Participated in the 2012 and 2013 selection, as well as the Turkvision selection in 2014
- Tofig Hajiyev – Participant in the Voice of Azerbaijan and presenter for MTV Azerbaijan
- Huseyn Abdullayev – Was one of the three singers shortlisted to represent Azerbaijan in 2016
- Altun Zeynalov – Participated in the 2012 national selection
- Ruslan Alishan – Competed in the 2014 selection as well as Voice of Azerbaijan and Voice of Turkey
- Sarkhan Jafarov – Competed in the Azerbaijani selection for Turkvision 2014
- Narmin Karimbayova – Participated in the Voice of Azerbaijan 2016
- Elvin Novruzov – Participated in the Voice of Azerbaijan 2016
- Rilaya – Took part in the 2013 and 2014 Azeri selection for Eurovision
- Leman Dadasheva (Dadashova) – Semi-finalist in the Voice of Azerbaijan 2016
- Narmin Behbudova – Was also shortlisted in 2015 to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision
- Narmina Seyidova – Was also shortlisted in 2015 to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision
The first round of auditions took place on November 20. Azerbaijan hasn’t opted for a televised national selection format since 2014. The latest years it has been selecting it Eurovision acts and entries via an internal process.
The Eurovision Story so Far
The Land of fire debuted in the contest in 2008 and since then they have been present in every single edition of it. In 2011 The duo Eldar & Nikki gave the country its one and only victory with their entry Running scared, leading the Eurovision event next year in the capital city of Baku. The country counts 11 participations and hasn’t missed a year since its debut.
In 2018 Azerbaijan was represented by Aisel and her entry X my heart, despite a dynamic performance she failed to qualify to the Grand Final.
Source: INFE Azerbaijan