Croatia: HRT releases the 14 competing acts of Dora 2021
The Croatian national broadcaster ,HRT, has unveiled the 14 candidate acts of Dora 2021, the national final that will select the country’s Eurovision 2021 hopeful.
HRT, has made public the 14 acts that will compete in the national final, Dora 2021 schceduled to take place in Opatija on 13 February. In addtion four acts were added as reserve candidates in case one of the 14 acts withdrew.
A jury of five experts evaluated the 140 submitted entries and picked out 18 acts (14 +4). The jury members are: Andrej Babić, Hrvoje Prskalo , Matija Cvek , Monika Lelas and Uršula Tolj .
Therefore the 14 acts that will battle for the ticket to Rotterdam are:
- Filip Rudan- Blind (F. Rudan / A. Franić / H. Domazet – F. Rudan / A. Franić)
- Bernarda- Colors ( (B. Georgiev Milanov / B. Brunović)
- Ella Orešković- Come this way (S. Reljić Simba – E. Orešković)
- Sandi Cenov- Kriv (S. Reljić Simba – Fayo)
- Beta Sudar- Ma Zamisli (P. Martinjak)
- Brigita Vuco- Noci Pijane (B. Vuco)
- Toma- Ocean of love (A. Pupavac / A. Bjorkman / K. Persson / T. Marić – A. Pupavac)
- Eric- Reci Mi (E. Vidović)
- Nina Kraljić- Rijeka (H. Librenjak – Miki Solus / N. Kraljić)
- Ashley Colburn & Bojan Jambrošić- Share the love (I. Škunca – A. Colburn / I. Škunca)
- Mia Negovetić- She’s like a dream (M. Negovetić / L. Deb / D. Jamm / D. Kertes)
- Albina- Tick-tock (B. Mihaljević – M. Cinnamon / T. Buklijaš Bakić)
- Cambi- Zaljubljen (M. Mirković)
- Tony Cetinski & Kiki Rahimovski- Zapjevaj, Sloboda Je! (K. Rahimovski)
The 4 reserve candidates are :
- Elis Lovrić- B rodolom
- Endi (Feat. Lora)-Megaloman
- Pjerino Ružević- Soldier
- Z/11- Only love
In the final line up stand out the two past Croatian representatives. Nina Kraljić who represented the country in Eurovision 2016 and Tony Cetinski who defended the Croatian colors in the country’s second participation return and aim to perform on the Eurovision stage in Rotterdam Ahoy. In the team behind the songs, the ESC 2017 act is one of the song writers of Endi’s Megaloman (reserve candidate), while Boris Milanov who has been behind several ESC entries among which the ESC 2016 entry , has contributed to Bernarda’s song ‘Colors’. Linnea Deb who was behind the winning ESC 2015 entry, has co-written the entry She’s like a dream .
The Story so far
Croatia participated for the first time at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1993 with the group Put and their song Don’t ever cry. In Eurovision 1996 with Maja Blagdan and in ESC 1999 with Doris Dragovic, the nation finished 4th in the Grand Final, which were the country’s best results up to date in the competition.
In 2018 HRT selected internally Franka Batelic to represent the balkan country in Lisbon with her song Crazy. Despite her dynamic performance she failed to qualify to the Grand Final. In 2019, Croatia determined its Eurovision act through the return of national selection “Dora”. Roko won the national final and represented country at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest with his entry The Dream. Despite his amazing vocal performance the Croatian artist didn’t make it to the final.
Damir Kedzo has won this year national final with his entry “Divlji Vjetre” but never had the chanece to perform on the Eurovision stage in Rotterdam as the contest was cancelled due to the covid-19 pandemic.
News Source/Image: HRT