Eurostream 2020: Second Semi final results are in
The second semi final of Eurostream 2020 took place this evening determining the second set of 10 qualifying countries to the grand final round.
The 2020 Eurovision edition has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. Depsite the initial disappoitment, times demand to keep heads up, urging a group of Eurovision fan media outlets to run an alternative online version of the contest : Eurostream 2020!
Eurostream 2020 includes the 41 competing countries that were to take part in this year’s cancelled Eurovision Song Contest. The competition will run entirely online and will feature three parts of live streaming , on 5, 7 and 9 May, resembling to the ESC format. The 41 countries will be split up in two semi final rounds ( 5 and 7 May) according to the draw allocation taken place back in January. 10 countries from each semi final will qualifiy to the Grand final, where they will join last year’s winner, The Netherlands, and the Big-5 countries ( France, UK, Spain, Italy, Germany), just exactly as in real Eurovision.
Second semi final results
In the second round we saw the 2nd semi final countries compete, while a body of jurors determined 50% of the vote with the fans having the right to votes 3 to 5 entries determining the rest 50% of the result. In semi final 2 we saw the following countries:
- San Marino – Senhit – “Freaky!”
- Austria –Vincent Bueno – “Alive”
- Greece –Stefania – “SUPERG!RL”
- Estonia – Uku Suviste – “What Love Is”
- Iceland – Daði & Gagnamagnið – “Think About Things”
- Moldova – Natalia Gordienko – “Prison”
- Poland – Alicja Szemplińska – “Empires”
- Serbia – Hurricane – “Hasta la vista”
- Czech Republic – Benny Cristo – “Kemama”
- Albania – Arilena – “Fall From the Sky”
- Armenia – Athena Manoukian – “Chains on You”
- Bulgaria – Victoria – “Tears Getting Sober”
- Georgia – Tornike Kipiani – “Take Me As I Am”
- Denmark – Ben & Tan – “YES”
- Switzerland – Gjon’s Tears – “Répondez-moi”
- Latvia –Samanta Tīna – “Still Breathing”
- Portugal – Elisa – “Medo de sentir”
- Finland – Aksel – “Looking Back”
10 countries won the ticket to the final . Along with 10 qualifiers the running order draw took place determining the position the qualifying entries will appear in the final round.
The 10 qualifers of the semi final 2 are:
Georgia (will appear 25th in the final)
Greece (will appear 5th in the final)
Albania (to appear 15th in the final)
Iceland (to apear 18th in the final)
Denmark (to appear 4th in the final)
Armenia (to appear 24th in the final)
Switzerland (to appear 1st in the final)
Serbia (to appear 7th in the final)
Bulgaria (to appear 10th in the final)
Austria (to appear 9th in the final)
The 2nd semi final qualifiers will join the 10 semi final 1 qualifiers alogn with the Big-5 countries and The Netherlands in the grand final round. Therefore the final line up and running order of Eurostream 2020 has as following:
In case you missed out tonight’s 2nd semi final you can watch it in the following video:
The Grand final of Eurostream 2020 is set for this Saturday at 21:00 CET.