Eurovision 2020 pre-parties in Spain and Israel cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic

Eurovision 2020 pre-parties in Spain and Israel cancelled due to coronavirus pandemic

Following  the outbreak of the Coronavirus in Europe many countries  are locking down and taking drastic measures in order to combat and contain the virus. Under these circumstances the organisers of the Eurovision 2020 pre parties in Madrid and Israel had no other option than to cancel the events. 

Madrid Pre-Party


The Eurovision 2020 pre-party that was scheduled to take place in Madrid on 10 and 11 April has been postponed. The decision taken by Eurovision-Spain came as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.

Through the official twitter account the organisers announced the following:

“Eurovision-Spain has postponed the #PrePartyES20. The Eurovision concert in Spain had confirmed the presence of 17 representatives from Eurovision 2020 and 11 additional special guests. Eurovision-Spain has taken this decision as a responsibility to the artists, fans and our team.”

“Israel calling” pre-party


Following Madrid’s Pre-party cancellation , the organisers of the pre party “Israel calling 2020” announced that due to COVID-19 and the current government restrictions the event is cancelled.

With two pre parties cancelled , there are two more parties ahead of Eurovision Song Contest to take place in Rotterdam.  The London Eurovision Party is set to take place on March 29 while the  Eurovision in Concert is scheduled for April 4 in Amsterdam . Earlier on, the organisers of the London Eurovision Party had released the following statement:

As the COVID-19/coronavirus situation evolves, the health and safety of our team, delegations and customers is paramount. We are working with the venue and following closely all advice from the UK Government, the World Health Organisation and Public Health England.

As the situation here in the UK is very fluid and changing daily, we would ask for your patience at this time. We are currently reviewing our options and all information available to us but are not in a position yet to release any further information regarding the event. Additionally, we have decided not to release any further tickets for sale tomorrow morning as planned.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support.

Therefore will have to wait and see if the developments in the coronavirus case will force the organisers to the same direction of cancelling the events or not.

Angelo D.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.