France: France Televisions reveals details about the national selection ‘Eurovision France, c’est vous qui décidez’
This Friday afternoon took place on the stage of the Apollo Theater in Paris the press conference presenting the details of the Eurovision 2021 French national final.
‘Eurovision France, c’est vous qui décidez’ (Eurovision France, you decide) is the national selection format that will give the chance to the audience to choose, among 12 artists from all over France, who will defend the French colors at the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam.
This event, hosted live by Stéphane Bern and Laurence Boccolini on France 2, will present the 12 titles in competition in a very varied musical selection.The public will choose their favorite song, 50/50 with a jury made up of ten personalities.
A total of 700 submissions were received by France Télévisions . 20 shortlisted performers had a final audition at the Apollo Theater with from which 12 acts advanced to the final stage and their video clips were uploaded by France.TV this Wednesday.
The national Final “Eurovision France, you decide” will ultimately take place in Paris in a television studio on a circled stage dotted with lights , instead in a regional city as initially planned.
The 2021 format
Eurovision France you decide, will be made up of the following 3 distinct phases:
– Qualifying round : The 7 songs that won the public vote will be selected for the “Ultimate Vote”
– The Euro Ticket : A wildcard will be awarded by the jury alone to an 8th song which will therefore access the “Ultimate Vote”
– The Ultimate Vote : The points from then on will reset to zero. The public and the jury each at 50% will elect the winning song.
The Eurovision France Jury will be made up of the following members:
– Amir (President of the Jury)
– Marie Myriam
– Jean-Paul Gaultier
– Natasha St Pier
– Duncan Laurence
– Chimène Badi
– André Manoukian
– Elodie Gossuin
– Augustin Galiana
– Michèle Bernier
The French national finalists are:
- LMK – Magique (songwriters: Eve-Line Lamarca, High P)
- Ali – Paris Me Dit (songwriters: Hyphen Hyphen)
- Casanova – Tutti ( songwriters: Yoann Casanova, Théo Grasset, Jérôme Brulant)
- Barbara Pravi – Voilà (songwriters: Barbara Pravi, Lili Poe, Igit)
- Cephaz – On A Mangé Le Soleil (songwriters: Antoine Essertier, Elise Rieslinger)
- Amui – Maeva (songwriters Ken Carlter Serena F. Carlter, Edwiga Taerea)
- Andriamad – Alléluia (songwriters: Andriamad)
- Philippine – Bah Non (songwriters: Philippine Zadéo, Caméléon)
- Juliette Moraine – Pourvu Qu’on M’Aime ( songwriters: Juliette Moraine Rémi Portat)
- 21 Juin Le Duo – Peux-Tu Me Dire? ( songwriters: Julien Guillemin, Manon Pècheur, Jan Orsi)
- Terence James – Je T’Emmènerai Danser (songwriters: Terence James, Ben Mazué)
- Pony X – Amour Fou (songwriters: Spoolman, SquirL, Clarence)
The place and the conditions of the show (with or without an audience and in what quantity) are still unclear and will depend on the evolution of the Covid epidemic