Germany: The duo “Sisters” to fly the flag in Tel Aviv!
The last country out of the so-called Big Five, Germany chose minutes ago its representative for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 tonight as the country’s national final “Unser Lied für Israel” was completed. Winner of the final and next Eurovision representative for Germany is the duo Sisters with their song Sister
THE HOSTS AND GUESTS
The show was held in Studio Berlin Adlershof in Berlin and was hosted by Barbara Schöneberger and Linda Zervakis. Commentary was given by Peter Urban, Germany’s commentator at the Eurovision Song Contest.
Guest performers will be Andreas Bourani alongside Udo Lindenberg, pop-rock band Revolverheld and Lena, Germany’s representative in 2010 and 2011 and winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 with her song “Satellite”. Michael Schulte, who finished in 4th place with “You Let Me Walk Alone” at last year’s Eurovision Song Contest, will also be among the interval acts.
THE COMPETING ACTS
A total of 7 acts took the stage tonight and gave the battle for the goldent ticket to Tel Aviv. The acts performed in the following running order:
- Gregor Hägele – Let me go ( lyrics-music: Gregor Hägele, Jonas Shandel, David Jürgens, Tamara Olorga)
- Aly Ryan – Wear your love (lyrics-music: Aly Ryan, Michelle Leonard, Thomas Stengaard, Tamara Olorga)
- Makeda – The day I loved you most (lyrica-music: Makeda, Tim Uhlenbrock, Kelvin Jones, Kristine Bogan)
- BB Thomaz – Demons (lyrics-music: BB Thomaz, Andrew Tyler, Ricardo Bettiol, Tim Schou)
- Linus Bruhn – Our city (Music: Linus Bruhn, Dave Roth, Pat Benzner, Serhat Sakin, Simon Reichardt. Lyrics: Linus Bruhn, Dave Roth, Pat Benzner, Serhat Sakin, Gianna Roth)
- Lilly Among Clouds – Surprise (Lyrics: Elisabeth Brüchner, Music: Elisabeth Brüchner, Udo Rinklin)
- Sisters – Sister (Lyrics-music: Laurell Barker, Marine Kaltenbacher, Tom Oehler, Thomas Stengaard)
In last year’s edition of the show, the winner was determined 1/3 by public televote, 1/3 by an international expert jury and 1/3 by a Eurovision specialised jury, all of which awarded 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 points to the songs after all seven acts had performed. The international expert jury consisted of 20 members that has already been members of the national Eurovision Song Contest jury in their home countries. The Eurovision jury was made up of 100 members that had been chosen to represent Europe’s music taste in the best possible way.
THE RESULTS OF THE INTERNATIONAL JURY
THE RESULTS AFTER THE NATIONAL ESC JURY VOTES WERE ADDED
Once the public vote was added to the previous results, in which they came first too, the duo Sisters won the national final ans will be representing Germany in Tel Aviv next May.