Germany: These are the three national finalists for ‘Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris?’
The three acts that have made it through to the national final for Junior Eurovision 2021, ‘Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris?’, have been finalised.
Germany will be determining their JESC 2021 hopeful through the show ‘Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris?’. A special jury reviewed all applications and shortlisted 5 five acts that will take part in a online voting round that will determine the three acts that will compete in the live national final, set to take place on September 10, 2021 in Erfurt.
The five acts that made it through to the online voting phase:
- Marta (10 years old) comes from Bad Sazuflen in North Rhine-Westphalia. Besides singing she also loves dancing. She’s a member of a choir and jazz dance is one of her weekly activities.
- Anjali (11 years old) comes from Eschborn in Hessen. She her idol is Ariana Grande while when she’s not singing in a choir or at parties she like horse riding as he is a nature lover.
- Yike (11 years old) is from Berlin and has already exprerience in performing in front of an audience as he sings in ‘Staats und Domchor Berlin’ and in the childrens’ choir Komische Oper. He’s favorite musician is Michael Jackson while playing the piano and guitar are his two addtional passions.
- Pauline (12 years old) comes from Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. She loves playing with drums and has a passion for piano and theater games. She has also reseived several awards in ‘Jugend Musiziert’.
- Emilie ( 13 yeasr old) is from Homburg in Saarland. She plays the trumpet and cornet. She has already formed her won band while Adele and Taylor Swift are her idols.
With the online voting completed two days before the three acts that made it to the final show are:
The National Final
The show is set for September 10 , 2021 and will take place on 19:30 to 21:00 CET in the Central Club in Erfurt. The event will be aired live by KiKa. Host of the show will be last year’s presenter, Jessica Schöne, along with singer Ben.
During the national final the three finalists will perform two songs each that have been selected out of four songs that were proposed in a preliminary round.
A jury panel will have the right to share their impressions on the acts’ performances without any right to vote. The panel will be made up by singer Selina Mour and hip-hop act Gabriel Kelly. The final winner will be determined only by public voting.
Last year was Germany’s debut appearance in the competition. The nation was represened by Susan with the song “Stronger With You” which finished in 12th place with 66 points.
News Source: Eurovision.de