Germany: These are the “Unser Lied für Lissabon” composers.
The German national final, Unser Lied für Lissabon , is near and the six competing acts have been already determined:
- Xavier Darcy – 22 yo, composer and singer
- Ryk – 28yo, singer and producer. Candidate in San Marino’s national selection 1in360 too.
- Ivy Qainoo – 25 yo and winner of the talent show the Voice of Germany in 2012. Considered the most popular contestant.
- Michael Schulte – 27 yo, got publicity through his intense YouTube activity.
- Natia Todua – 21 yo, the latest winner of the Voice of Germany just a month ago.
- VvoXXclub – The folklore group performing in Bavarian dialect.
Alongside with these 6 artists a group of 15 composers, lyricists and producers (not only German) will meet at the Song Writing Camp in Berlin, so as to write and compose many songs for each national final contestant, in order to select the appropriate song for each finalist and its performance.
The Song Writing Camp team includes the following names:
Billy Austin (American composer that has worked with όLionel Richie and Joe Cocker)
Ricardo «Richy» Bettiol
Axel Ehnström (Paradise Oskar) – Finnish representative in 2011 with the song “Da da dam”
Loren Nine Geerts
Thomas Stengaard – One of the composers of the Eurovision 2013 winning song «Only teardrops«.
Ali Zuckowski – One of the composers of the Eurovision 2014 winning song “Rise like a phoenix”
The German national final will be held on February 22 in Berlin and its hosts will be Elton and Linda Zervakis.
Germany is aiming to return to its past glory days in the contest, back in 2010 and 2011 and overcome the three in a row bottom placings in the final. Last year the country was represented by Levina and her song “Perfect life” which finished 2nd last in the 25th place with the disappointing number of 6 points.
Can the Germans find the song that will interrupt the successive failure of recent years. Stay tuned on the INFE Network and its regional national site to lean more about the German national selection.