Germany: Unser Song 2017 – The 5 finalists
NRD, the German broadcaster, announced the 5 candidates who will take part in the <<Unser Song 2017>>., the German national selection for Eurovision 2017.
More than 2000 applications were submitted. “We present five exciting candidates who have convinced us musically with their performance in intensive studio sessions. They are very different, and I am curious to see who will be chosen by the public”, said Thomas Schreiber.
the 5 candidates are:
- Axel Maximilian Feige
- Felicia Lu Kürbiß
- Helene Nissen
- Isabella “Levina” Lueen
- Wilhelm “Sadi” Richter
- Axel Maximilian Feige ( age 28) : Musician from Hamburg. Currently playing with the bands Absolem Max and Diazpora.
- Felicia Lu Kürbiß (age 21): Felicia is a songwriter and pianist from Freilassing.
- Helene Nissen (age 20) – Guitarist from Hollingstedt. Appeared at the Travemünder Woche show.
- Isabella “Levina” Lueen (age 25) – Isabella is from Berlin and she studies at the London College og Music. She plays the piano and writes soul and pop music.
- Wilhelm “Sadi” Richter (age 19) – The youngest of the 5 candidates plays the piano, bass and drums. He is from Dortmund and studies at the Folkwang University of Arts in Essen.
The show will be held at the city of Cologne at the 9th of February 2017. Host of the night will be Barbara Schöneberger. A special jury (Lena Meyer-Landrut, Tim Bendzko and Florian Silbereisen) will provide professional comments at the 5 candidates but the winner will be decided by televoting (100%). A Eurovision app. will be used for the first time so that the International public may vote in the National final.
Germany will take part at the Grand Final in Kiev. In 2015 and 2016 Germany finished at the last place of the Grand Final. Last year, Jamie-Lee and her «Ghost» took part in Stockholm.