Hungary: The 6 qualifiers of tonight’s “A Dal 2019” Heat 3
The third qualifying round of Hungary’s national selection, “A Dal 2019”, has just concluded, determining the third set of six spots for the semi-finals that are set to take place on February 9 and 16 . They will join the 12 qualifiers of the first and second qualifying rounds in the race for the ticket to Tel Aviv.
In the first round of voting the jury consisting of Feró Nagy, Lilla Vincze, Misi Mező and Miklós Both awarded points to each song (10 being the highest). The public voting was added to that of the jury’s in order to determine which 5 acts will directly qualify for the semi-finals. In the second round of voting the 5 remaining acts faced another round of public voting that determined the sixth and last act to qualify for the semi-finals.
The first five songs that qualified from the first round of jury voting are:
- Bogi Nagy – Holnap (41 points)
- Joci Pápai – Az Én Apám (41 points)
- Petruska – Help Me Out Of Here (40 points)
- Ruby Harlem – Forró (40 points)
- Mocsok 1 Kölyök – Egyszer (39 points)
Among the qualifiers is Joci Pápai who represented Hungary at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv finishing 8th in the final with his entry “Origo”.
The chart down below shows an overview of all the votes and the split vote of jury and public voting:
The five remaining songs were:
- Leander Kills – Hazavágyom (38 points; 9 points from public)
- Salvus – Barát (36 points; 8 points from public)
- USNK – Posztolj (35 points; 9 points from public)
- Monyó Project – Run Baby Run (35 points; 7 points from public)
- Kyra Fedor – Maradj Még (28 points; 6 points from public)
From these 5 acts, USNK topped the public voting during the second round of voting and will join the first five qualifiers in the semi-finals. Both USNK and Leander Kills received more points from the public televote than the first qualifiers of tonight’s heat.