Hungary: The first 4 finalists of “A Dal 2019”
After three qualifying rounds and 18 qualifiers, the Hungarian national selection of “A Dal 2019” moved on to its first semi-final tonight. 9 acts were competing for 4 spots at the Grand Final on February 23. They will be joined by a set of 4 more qualifiers to be determined at next week’s second semi-final of “A Dal 2019”.
Just like throughout the three qualifying rounds, the qualifiers for the final were determined in two rounds. In the first round of voting the jury consisting of Feró Nagy, Lilla Vincze, Misi Mező and Miklós Both awarded points to each song (10 being the highest). The public voting was added to that of the jury’s in order to determine which 3 acts will directly qualify for the final. In the second round of voting the 6 remaining acts faced another round of public voting that determined the fourth and last act to qualify for the final.
The first three songs that qualified from the first round of jury voting are:
- Acoustic Planet – Nyári zápor (45 points)
2. Petruska – Help Me Out Of Here (42 points)
3. Bence Vavra – Szótlanság (42 points)
The chart down below shows an overview of all the votes and the split vote of jury and public voting:
The six remaining songs were:
- The Middletonz – Roses 41 points (9 from public)
- Konyha – Százszor visszajátszott 38 points (8 from public)
- The Sign – Ő 37 points (7 from public)
- Deniz – Ide várnak vissza 35 points (9 from public)
- yesyes – Incomplete 35 points (8 from public)
- USNK – Posztolj 34 points (8 from public)
From these 6 acts, The Middletonz topped the public voting during the second round of voting and will join tonight’s first 3 qualifiers in the final.