Hungary: The next 6 qualifiers of “A Dal 2019”
Hungary continued its search to find the Hungarian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 as the second heat of “A Dal 2019” took place tonight, determining the second set of six spots for the semi-finals that are set to take place on February 9 and 16 . They will join last week’s qualifiers Gergő Szekér, Gergő Oláh, Antal Tímea feat. Demko Gergő, Konyha, Nomád and Deniz in the race for the ticket to Tel Aviv.
In the first round of voting the jury consisting of Feró Nagy, Lilla Vincze, Misi Mező and Miklós Both awarded points to each song (10 being the highest). The public voting was added to that of the jury’s in order to determine which 5 acts will directly qualify for the semi-finals. In the second round of voting the 5 remaining acts faced another round of public voting that determined the sixth and last act to qualify for the semi-finals.
The first five songs that qualified from the first round of jury voting are:
- Fatal Error – “Kulcs” 45 points
- Acoustic Planet – “Nyári zápor” 43 points
- The Middletonz – “Roses” 41 points
- Vavra Bence – “Szótlanság” 39 points
- The Sign – “Ő” 38 points
Among the qualifiers is András Kállay-Saunders, as a member of the group The Middletonz. András had represented Hungary at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen finishing 5th in the final with his entry “Runnin’”.
The chart down below shows an overview of all the votes and the split vote of jury and public voting:
The five remaining songs were:
- yesyes – “Incomplete” 35 points (8 points from public voting)
- Diana – “Little Bird” 34 points (8 points from public voting)
- Heatlie Dávid – “La Mama Hotel” 34 points (7 points from public voting)
- Hajdu Klára – “You’re Gonna Rise” 32 points (6 points from public voting)
- Gotthy – “Csak 1 perc” 26 points (8 points from public voting)
From these 5 acts, yesyes topped the public voting during the second round of voting and will join the first five in the semi finals. yesyes came 2nd in last year’s “A Dal” competition.