Iceland: The acts of the two semi finals.
The 12 artists of the Söngvakeppnin 2018 are already known, and their division into the two semi-finals is shown below:
1st semi final – 10th of February
- Ari Ólafsson – Heim/Our choice
- Fókus hópurinn – Aldrei gefast upp/Battleline
- Þórunn Antonía – Ég mun skína/Shine
- Þórir Geir Guðmundsson & Gyða Margrét Kristjánsdóttir – Brosa/With you
- Tómas Helgi Wehmeier & Sólborg Guðbrandsdóttir – Ég og þú/Think it through
- Heimilistónar – Kúst og fæjó
2nd semi final – 17th of February
- Aron Hannes – Golddigger/Gold digger
- Áttan – Hér með þér/Here for you
- Dagur Sigurðarson – Í stormi/Saviour
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir, Agnes Marinósdóttir & Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir – Svaka stuð/Heart attack
- Guðmundur Þórarinsson – Litir/Colours
- Rakel Pálsdóttir – Óskin mín/My wish
As we already know, guest star of this year’s Söngvakeppnin 2018 Fibal will be last year’s representative of Sweden in Kiev, Robin Bengtsson.
The two semi-finals will be held at Háskólabíói in Reykjavik and the final at Laugardalshöll. As we have already mentioned in our earlier article, artists are obliged to perform their songs in Icelandic in the semi-final, while in the Final they will perform it in the language they wish to compete in Lisbon, in case they win the show.
In Kiev, Iceland was represented by Svala and her song Paper, which did not make it to the Eurovision Final (15th place – 60 points). You can watch her last year appearance at Söngvakeppnin where she performed the song with which she represented Iceland in Icelandic, Ég veit það (semi-final).