Iceland: The semi final allocation of Söngvakeppnin 2019.
The Icelandic national broadcaster,RUV revealed the semi finals allocation of the upcoming Söngvakeppnin 2019.
Following yesterday’s revelation of the 10 competing acts of this year’s national selection RUV released today the semi final split of acts. A total of 5 acts will compete in each semi final round. The distribution of acts developed as following:
1st Semi-Final (February 9):
- Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra
- Hera Björk – Eitt andartak
- Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen – Ég á mig sjálf
- Þórdís Imsland – Nú og hér
- Daníel Óliver – Samt ekki
2nd Semi-Final 2 (February 16):
- Elli Grill, Skaði, Glymur – Jeijó, keyrum alla leið
- Friðrik Ómar – Hvað ef ég get ekki elskað?
- Ívar Daníels – Þú bætir mig
- Tara Mobee – Betri án þín
- Heiðrún Anna Björnsdóttir – Helgi
The semi-finals of Söngvakeppnin 2019 are set to take place on February 9 and 16, while the final will be held on March 2. The national broadcaster has introduced some changes in the voting process aiming to select the best act that will bring the country back in the final of the contest.
ICELAND IN EUROVISION
Iceland had been participating in the Eurovision Song Contest since 1986 and is the only country for the Scandinavic ones not to have won the contest, despite finishing twice 2nd (1999, 2009). This year Iceland will try and select the act that will bring an end to the 4 conecutive failures to qualify to the grand final.
Last year the country was represented by Ari Ólafsson and the song Our Choice which ended in the last place of the 1st semi final in Lisbon.