Ireland: “Junior Eurovision Éire 2021” to commence on September 12
According to Adare Productions, the Irish Junior Eurovision 2021 selection show “Junior Eurovision Éire 2021” will begin on September 12, 2021.
Ireland is returning this year to Junior Eurovision and will be selecting their representative through the show “Junior Eurovision Éire 2021”.
The selection will unwind over six successive weeks with all shows been taped ahead in the RTÉ studios in Dublin. Louise Cantillon will take over the presentation, successing Eoghan McDermott, who presented every edition of the show until 2019. Like previous year’s the panel of judges includes two permanent jurors while in the third spot will be reserved for guest judges. Namely, the two permanent jurors are:
- Niamh Ní Chróinín – Radio presenter, manager of Irish-language youth radio station Raidió Rí-Rá
- Fiachna Ó Braonáin – Member of Hothouse Flowers (interval act at Eurovision 1988) and has been serving as a judge for the Junior Eurovision Éire 2016-2018. Fiacha was also behind the composition of the Irish JESC 2019 entry “Banshee” .
The other place of the jury panel will be filled in by the following guest judges:
- Jedward (Ireland 2011 & 2012)
- Niamh Kavanagh (ESC 1993 Winner, Ireland ESC 2010)
- Brian Kennedy (Irleand ESC 2006)
- Lesley Roy (Ireland ESC 2020 & 2021)
- Mickey Joe Harte (Ireland ESC 2003)
- Linda Martin (Ireland ESC 1984, ESC 1992 Winner)
Ireland has participated in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest five times since their first appearance in the 2015 contest. Ireland’s last participation was in Gliwice-Silesia at JESC 2019 with Anna Kearney and her song “Banshee” which finished 12th receiving 73 points.
News Source: Eurovoix/ADARE Productions
Image: EBU/ THOMAS HANSES