Junior Eurovision 2018: Today the deadline for broadcasters’ submission of participation
Today is the deadline for broadcasters to submit their application to participate in the upcoming Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 next November in Minsk, Belarus.
According to the European Broadcasting Union’s deadline today is the last day it will be accepting applications from broadcasters that intend to participate in the next edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The national Broadcasters must include in there application of interest an agreement that determines the fee they will be paying, the channel that will broadcast the show and the slot shown in .
THE STORY SO FAR
In this year’s edition of JESC Wales will make its debut participation after a long time of skepticism. The same time France will be back after 14 years , the one and only time the country had participated. Armenia too is another returning nation since 2014 . After these development a total of 13 countries have confirmed their participation in this year’s competition . The countries confirmed to be in Minsk are the following :
- Georgia – Tamar Edilashvili has already been selected as representative
- Ireland – Applications for National Selection in process
- Malta – National selection will determine this year’s song
- Netherlands – Representative will be determined through the Junior Songfestival
- Poland – National selection to be held October
- Russia – Anna Filipchuk will represent the country with the entry “Nepobedimy”
Unfortunately Cyrpus after last year’s last place confirmed their withdrawal from the contest while 4 more counties excluded the option of returning These are Bulgaria, Lithuania, Romania,and Switzerland. However there is another set of four countries that participated last year but haven’t made clear yet weather they will participate in Mink: Albania, Australia, FYR Macedonia, Ukraine.