Junior Eurovision 2020: Malta confirms participation in this year’s competition
Malta has confirmed that it will participate in this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Warsaw and will be the 13th nation to take part in the event next November.
PBS, the Maltese national broadcaster, joins the list of countries of competing nations in the upcoming Junior Eurovision and has released the rules of this year’s JESC national selection , opening the same time the submission window.
The Maltese national selection runs in accordance with the following rules:
- All applicants must be Maltese nationals between the ages of 9 and 14.
- All applicants must submit an original song which must not have been publicly performed before May 1 2020.
- Each act can include up to six artists (complying with the EBU participation rules)
- Songs must fit the age of the performer(s) and be joyful for the artist(s) to sing.
- The lyrics of the songs must be in either English or Maltese, or a mix of both. If the Lyrics are any other language they must not exceed more than 40% of the song.
The submission period ends on August 23 and all interested acts can find the application form here. Once the submission period is over a jury will evaluate the songs and select 12 acts to compete in the national final. The final will take place in September and the next JESC representative will be determined by jury and public voting.
Malta in Junior Eurovision