Kazakhstan: JESC 2020 act to be selected via a televised national final show
Despite announcing a fews days ago an internal selection, Khabar TV has eventually opted for a Junior Eurovision 2020 televised national final.
Kazakhstan will hold a televised national selection to select the nation’s Junior Eurovision representative even though Khabar TV initially had talked about a closed selection based entirely on jury voting. The national selection process will run over the following stages:
- Submissions window will be open between August 10 and 20.
- Between August 21 and 22, a jury will vote for the 30 acts they think should progress to the next stage of the competition
- From August 24 to 31, the public will be able to vote online to select the twelve finalists who will be competing in the televised selection
- Live national final will be held on September 26
The jury who will shorlist the submission down to 30 acts will be made up by the following members:
- Bagym Mukhitdenova ( Music Producer)
- Khamit Shangaliyev ( Music producer & composer)
- Erlan Bekchurin ( Sound producer of Dimash Kudaibergen)
- Amre ( Winner of the music festival “Slavic Bazaar” 2018)
- Zhabar Dugalova ( Winner of the International Turk Song Contest “Turkvision” 2014)
- Indira Edulbayeva (Superfinalist in the Voice of Ukraine 2020)
- Dinaya ( 2nd runner up in the international competition of young performers, “New Wave” 2015)
- ZaQ ( Soloist of the group ‘Ninety One’)
In the televised show, the winner will be determined by 100% televote . The jury’s verdict will come will be taken into account in case of a tie. The way and the location the national final willl be set up will be finalized according to the covid-19 development the time close to the date of the final.
Kazakhstan in Junior Eurovision
Kazakhstan participated for the first time at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2018 after EBU’s invitation to Khabar Agency. The nation was represented by the national final winner, Daneliya Tuleshova and her entry “Ózińe sen” which came 5th place at the contest held in Minsk, Belarus.
Last year 12-year-old Yerzhan Maksim flew the flag in Gliwice- Silesia in Poland and after an amazing vocal performance of his song, Armanyńnan Qalma achieved to top the jury voting and finish 2nd on the overall scoreboard.
Let remember Yerzhan’s amazing perfornance from last year’s competition: