Kazakhstan: Khabar TV reveals the 30 semi finalists of the JESC 2020 national selection
Kazakhstan’s national broadcaster, Khabar TV has unveiled the 30 acts that were selected to continue in the semi final round for the country’s JESC 2020 national selection.
With a total of 648 submissions arriving at the broadcaster’s inbox for this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest, Khabar TV, revealed the shortlisted names that advanced to the next phase. The 30 qualifiers were selected by a jury that consisted of the following members:
- Bagym Mukhitdenova ( Music Producer)
- Khamit Shangaliyev ( Music producer & composer)
- Erlan Bekchurin ( Sound producer of Dimash Kudaibergen)
- Amre ( Winner of the music festival “Slavic Bazaar” 2018)
- Zhabar Dugalova ( Winner of the International Turk Song Contest “Turkvision” 2014)
- Indira Edulbayeva (Superfinalist in the Voice of Ukraine 2020)
- Dinaya ( 2nd runner up in the international competition of young performers, “New Wave” 2015)
- ZaQ ( Soloist of the group ‘Ninety One’)
Up to August 31 , the public will have the chance to cast its votes and select the 12 acts that will advance to the final show. Khabar TV uploaded videos of the 30 candidates on their Junior Eurovision website in order for the audience to check them out and vote for their favorite ones.
The 12 finalists will be assigned with specially written songs for each of them by famous Kazakh composers which they will perform in a televised show which to be broadcasted by Khabar TV. The winner will be determined by jury and public voting.
Kazakhstan in Junior Eurovision
Kazakhstan participated for the first time at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2018 after EBU’s invitation to Khabar Agency. The nation was represented by the national final winner, Daneliya Tuleshova and her entry “Ózińe sen” which came 5th place at the contest held in Minsk, Belarus.
Last year 12-year-old Yerzhan Maksim flew the flag in Gliwice- Silesia in Poland and after an amazing vocal performance of his song, Armanyńnan Qalma achieved to top the jury voting and finish 2nd on the overall scoreboard.
Let remember Yerzhan’s amazing perfornance from last year’s competition: