Latvia : The 16 Supernova 2019 semi final entries revealed
Latvia’s national selection, Supernova, is moving forward as the 16 candidate songs that will compete in the semi finals went pubic by the national broadcaster.
Latvia has opted for another year to stick with the Supernova national selection format in order to determine its next Eurovision repressentative. After evaluating the 83 songs submitted to LTV, the broadcaster initially shortlisted the number to 33 entries. Today the national broadcaster revealed the 16 entries that will be competing in the semi finals of Supernova 2019. This 16 acts will split up in two semi finals of 8 competing acts. From each semi final 3 acts will qualify to the grand final , through a combination of public and jury voting.
These are the 16 semi final acts and entries:
- Adriana Miglāne “Scared of Love”
- Aivo Oskis “Somebody’s Got My Lover”
- Alekss Silvērs “Fireworks”
- Carousel “That Night”
- Double Faced Eels “Fire”
- Dziļi Violets feat. Kozmens “Tautasdziesma”
- Edgars Kreilis “Fire”
- Elza Rozentāle “You Came on Tiptoe”
- Kris & Oz “Midnight Streets”
- Kristiāna Bumbiere “Remedy”
- Kristīne Pastare “Smaragdi Un Pelni“
- Laika Upe “Listen to the Way that I Breathe”
- Laime Pilnīga “Awe”
- Līga Rīdere “Būšu tepat”
- Markus Riva “You Make Me So Crazy”
- Samanta Tīna “Cutting the Wire”
This year’s national selection has several popular acts make a comeback to Supernova’s stage. One of those notable acts is certainly, Markus Rivas and his entry You Make Me So Crazy.
Other important names we meet in the candidates are Samanta Tina, Kriz & Oz and Edgars Kreilis. On the other hand composer of Alekss Silvers’ entry Fireworks is the well known to the eurovision family Aminata (Latvia 2015)
What do you think of the 16 semi final competing entries? Are there any songs you think outstand from the rest?