Malta: Ela Mangion to represent the country in Junior Eurovision 2018
Ela Mangion will be the next Maltese representative in the upcoming Junior Eurovision , next November in Minsk, Belarus.
A total of 16 acts competed in the final and battled to win the public’s preference. Eventually, Ela Mangion won the national final with her song “Marchin’ On” . It was the first time since 2010 that the competing acts performed original songs .
The competing act of the national JESC final were:
- Giorgia Borg – 10 – 3rd
- Thea Aquilina – Back to My Freedom
- Isaac Spiteri – Bonfire Nights
- Yarin Coleiro – Can You Be the One
- Kylie Meilak – Crystals
- Lora Grech – Finish Line
- Jahel Cardona – Home
- Riona Degiorgio – Infinity
- Ela Mangion – Marchin’ On – 1st
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Music Takes Control
- Kristy Spiteri – Nann
- Luana Schembri – No Rest for the Wicked
- Albert-Lauren Agius – Paper Boats
- Zaira Mifsud – Shout Now
- Katryna Borg and Rihana Azzopardi – The Puppet and the Clown – 2nd
- Aiden Aquilina Cohen – Wherever You Go
In this national final we saw again on stage a number of acts that had participated in last year’s final , among them Thea Aqulina, Kylie Meliak, Jahel Cardona and Riona Degiorgio.
Enjoy the winning performance of Ela which gave her the ticket to fly to Minsk next November :
Malta in Junior Eurovision
Malta participated in the contest for the first time back in 2003 and has achieved to win twice the contest. In 2013, on its comeback , when Gaia Cauchi with his entry The Start, gave the country its first victory. The second win came only two years after , in 2015, when Destiny Chukunyere won the contest in Sofia with her song Not My Soul. The worst result for the country was scored in 2005 at the Junior Eurovision in belgium, with the song Make It Right performed by Thea & Friends.