Melodifestivalen: David Lindgren to host the Shows
During a special press conference, Sweden’s public television (SVT) presented the Melodifestivalen 2018 presenter. Like every year, in 2018, Melodifestivalen will tour all over the country and after four semifinals, a second chance round and the Big final , the representative of the Kingdom of Scandinavia in Lisbon will be selected.
Melodifestivalen’s host of 2018 will be David Lindgren. David presented Melodifestivalen in 2017 with Clara Henry and Hasse Andersson, but he will be alone this year. The last time there was only one presenter for Melodifestivalen was 2009 with Petra Mede.
2771 songs were casted to SVT this year, while Stiko Per Larsson, who won the P4 Nästa a few months ago, has already one spot in the semi-finals.
This year’s Melodifestivalen program is as follows:
- 03/02/2018 (1st Semi Final): Löfbergs Arena, Karlstad
- 10/02/2018 (2nd Semi Final): Scandinavium, Gothenburg
- 17/02/2018 (3rd semifinal): Malmö Arena, Malmö
- 24/02/2018 (4th semester): Fjällräven Center, Örnsköldsvik
- 03/03/2018 (Second Chance): Kristianstad Arena, Kristianstad
- 10/03/2018 (Grand Final): Friends Arena, Stockholm