Moldova: National selection Live auditions to take place on February 1
Following TRM’s revelation of the 36 candidates in the Moldovian national selections, the national broadcaster revealed the date of the Live auditions in this year’s national selection.
TRM announced that the live auditions of the candidates will take place on Saturday, February 1. The process will begin at 14:00 CET and will be aired live on TRM2, with the jury determining the country’s next Eurovision representative.
Lets remember the 36 contestants :
- Che-MD feat Irina Revenco – Adio
- Maria Ciolac – Our home
- Viorela Moraru – Remedy
- Dima Jelezoglo – Do it slow
- LANJERON – Hi Five
- Nicolae Untilă – Call me please
- Vovian – 10 minuni în Moldova
- Maxim Zavidia – Take control
- Valentin Uzun si Irina Kovalsky – Moldoviţa
- Diana Popa – Believe me
- Danny Cruise – My love
- Olea Roşu – Alive
- Catarina Sandu – Die for you
- Ray Barc – I’m shy
- Tudor Bumbac – Te-am vazut în vis pe tine
- Georgeta Burlacu – Răspunde!
- Sasha Bognibov – Big brother
- Katerina S – We are done
- Sasha Letty – Summer of love
- Live Beat – Love me now
- Valeria Paşa – It’s time
- Liusia Znamensky – Love no more
- Julia Ilienko ft. Mishel Dar – Tears
- Natalia Gordienko – Prison
- Petronela Donciu si Portărescu Andreea – We will be legend
- Carolina Rakoviţă – Dancing in the sunrise
- Angel Kiss – My Own Queen
- Angel Kiss – You are my dance
- Lavinia Rusu – Touch
- Irina Kit – Chain Reaction
- Alexandru Cibotaru – Cine te-a facut să plîngi
- Midone Denis – Like a champion
- Pasha Parfeny – My wine
- Lave – Wildfire
- Diana Brescan – Let’s go together
- Diana Rotaru – Dale dale
Some of the songs are already availiable on Youtube. However you can list to all the candidate songs here . Among the candidates we see a few Eurovision past participants such as Natalia Gordienko (Loca – 2006 – 20th place), Pasha Parfeny (Lăutar – 2012 – 11th place) and Geta Burlacu (Α century of love – 2008 – 12th in the semi final ).
Behind the song Die For You by Catarina Sandu is the greekswedish composer Dimitris Stassos who had written the Greek ESC 2012 entry Aphrodisiac for Eleftheria Eleftheriou and the entry La noche es para mí for Soraya (Spain 2009).
National selection 2020
This year Moldova has adopted a different format to determine its Eurovision act and entry. The candidates will perform in auditions before a jury that will rate them , with 12 points being the maximum points to award. Auditions will be aired live but the public will have no role in it. Once the audition is over it will be decided wheather there will be an addtional round or the act with the highest points will be the next Moldovian representative.
The Eurovision story so far
Moldova participated in Eurovision for the first time in 2005 and hasn’t missed a year since then. Its best results came in 2017 when Sunstroke Project with Hey Mama finished 3rd. In 2018 the country was represented by DoReDos anf their entry Lucky Day, which finished 10th in the final. In 2019 Anna Odobescu flew the flag in Tel Aviv performing her power ballad “Stay” but despite her amazing vocal performance didn’t make it to the grand final.