Poland wins Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 with Roksana Wegiel
Winner of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018, which took place this afternoon in Minsk, Belarus, was Poland represented by Roksana Wegiel and the song Anyone i want to be
The 16th edition of the Junior Eurovision Song contest was aired live from Minsk Arena where we saw a record number of 20 countries competing for this year’s throphy. For the first time Kazakhstan and Wales participated in the contest.
The Host and Opening act of the show
Host of today’s show were Eugene Perlin (ESC commentator for Belarus in 2013 and last year in JESC), Helena Meraai (last year’s Belarussian JESC representative who finished 5th in Tbilisi)and Zena (twice JESC national finalist 2015 and 2016).
The live show started with the presentation of the participating countries and the entrance of the competing acts. The countries were announce in alphabetical order. The parade ends with the entrance of the three hosts.
Competing part of the show
Following the hosts’ welcome speech the competing part of the event starts as all the contestants get in the following order to perform their entries:
1.Ukraine – Darina Krasnovetska – Say Love
2. Portugal – Rita Laranjeira – Gosto de Tudo (Já Não Gosto de Nada)
3. Kazakhstan – Daneliya Tuleshova – Ozine sen
4. Albania – Efi Gjika – Barbie
5. Russia – Anna Filipchuk – Unbreakable
6. The Netherlands – Max & Anne – Samen
7. Azerbaijan – Fidan Huseynova – I Wanna Be Like You
8. Belarus– Daniel Yastremski – Time
9. Ireland – Taylor Hynes – IOU
10. Serbia – Bojana Radovanovic – Svet
11. Italy – Melissa & Marco – What is Love
12. Australia– Jael Wena – Champion
13. Γεωργία– Tamar Edilashvili – Your Voice
14. Israel– Noam Dadon – Children Like These
15. France – Angélina – Jamais Sans Toi
16. FYR.Macedonia– Marija Spasovska – Doma
17. Armenia– L.E.V.O.N – L.E.V.O.N
18. Wales– Manw – Perta
19. Malta – Ela Mangion – Marchin’ On
20. Poland – Roksana Wegiel – Anyone I Want To Be
The winner was determined by a combination of jury voting and an online voting that had started on Friday and closed just before the live show began, but opened again once more only for 15 minutes after all acts had completed their performances. Each voting had a 50% share on the final outcome.
The juries’ votes declared winner the country of Australia receiving 148 points while second came Malta with 138 points and third Georgia with 105 points
Once the jury voting was revealed the hosts went on with the point from the online voting which declared winner Poland with 136 points leaving behind second France with 117 points. The top three closed with Kazakhstan which received 103 points
The overall results brought on top of the scoreboard Poland with 215 points (as she had 79 points from the jury voting) crowning winner of the contest Roksana Wegie and her song Anyone i want to be the performance of which won the public and the juries preference.
Enjoy once more the winning entry of Junior Eurovision 2018:
CONGRATULATIONS TO POLAND AND ROKSANA!!!