Portugal 2017: Salvador Sobral to fly the country’s flag
The famous Festival da Canção 2017 is over. Winner of this year’s festival is Salvador Sobral with his song Amar pelos dois, and he will fly to Kiev to represent Portugal. The festival was hosted by Sílvia Alberto and Catarina Furtado.
This year’s edition of the festival was consist of 3 live shows (2 semi finals and one final show). 16 song participated in and the winner has the honor to represent Portugal in Kiev.
The 8 acts that took part in the Final show were:
- Jorge Benvinda – Gente bestial
- Pedro Gonçalves – Don’t Walk Away
- Lena d’Água – Nunca me fui embora
- Salvador Sobral – Amar pelos dois
- Fernando Daniel – Poema a dois
- Celina da Piedade – Primavera
- Deolinda Kinzimba – O que eu vi nos meus sonhos
- Viva La Diva – Nova glória
The final result was dedicated by televoting (50%) and by a jury (50%). Salvador got 12 points from the jury and 10 points from televoting and with a total of 22 points he ended in the first place.
Jury and televoting points