Portugal: First semi-final qualifiers of Festival da Canção 2022
The first semifinal of Festival da Canção 2022, took place this afternoon determining the first set of five finalists.
The presenters of the show were Sónia Araújo and Jorge Gabriel.
A total of 20 acts and songs will take part in this year’s national selection, which will take place in three nights, two semifinals and one grand final. 10 contestants will compete in each semifinal round with 5 of them advancing to the grand final.
The 10 contestants of the night were:
1. Os Quatro e Meia – Amanhã
2. TheMisterDriver – CaliSun
3. Diana Castro – Ginger Ale
4. FF – Como É Bom Esperar Alguém
5. Norton – Hope
6. Aurea – Why?
7. Kumpania Algazarra – A Minha Praia
8. MARO – saudade, saudade
9. Valas & Os Astronautas – Odisseia
10. Fado Bicha – Povo Pequenino
The result of the first semifinal was determined by 50% of public voting and 50% of the jury.
The five acts that passed in the final are:
- Os Quatro e Meia – Amanhã
- Aurea – Why?
- FF – Como É Bom Esperar Alguém
- Diana Castro – Ginger Ale
- MARO – Saudade, saudade
The Portuguese national selection continues on March 7th with the second semi final show of Festival da Canção 2022 and the second set of 10 acts competing for the rest five spots in the final.
News source/Image: RTP