Russia: Here are the Junior Eurovision 2020 national finalists
The young artists that will participate in the Russian national final and battle for the right to represent the country at the upcoming Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Warsaw have been unveiled.
During the last weekend auditions were at the Igor Krutoy Academy in Moscow, from which the contestants of the national final were seleted. A total of 11 acts were selected to compete for the ticket to Warsaw on November 29, 2020.
The 11 acts are :
- Sofia Fesova from St. Petersburg
- Arseny Slesarev from Moscow
- Artem Fokin from Sevastopol
- Sofia Shkepu from Yaroslav
- Artem Morozov from Moscow
- Rutger Garecht from Orenburg
- “Little Z” ( Mikhail Koval & Polina Koroleva) from Novosibirsk
- Sergey Filin & Veronica Litovchenko from Moscow
- Sophia Tumanova from Novosibirsk
- Genych (Gennady Pereverdiev) from Moscow
- Sofia Kirsenko from Simferopol
The entry that will fly the Russian flag in the upcoming Junior Eurovision in Warsaw, will be selected on September 25. The Russian hopeful will be determined through jury (50%) and public voting (50%). The online public voting will commence as soon as the finalists are revealed and will continue throughout the show until the window closes.
THE STORY SO FAR
Russia participated first time in the contest in 2005 and has remarkable results as they have finished in all editions in the top 10 places. The country topped the scoreboard twice in the competition , in 2006 and 2019. Last year the country was represented in Gliwice by Tatyana Mezhentseva and Denberel Oorzhak with the song “A Time For Us” which finished in the 13th place with 72 points.