Sweden: Julia Alfrida first act selected for Melodifestivalen 2021
Julia Alfrida, one of the eight finalists of P4 Nästa 2020, is the first act announced as one of the contestants in next year’s Melodifestivalen.
Julia Alfrida was selected by a special jury to compete in the next edition of Melodifestivalen. The female act was one of the finalists, along with seven other acts, in the P4 Nästa 2020 radio contest that took place today at Västerås Konserthus.
The eight acts that competed in the final show were:
- P4 Skaraborg: Alicja Jern – Friendzone
- P4 Västmanland : Sanna feat. Re: bond – Aldrig det
- P4 Jämtland: Amskøld – Stand by
- P4 Västernorrland: Nina Bring – Nära
- P4 Värmland : Northlight – Equally Different
- P4 Malmöhus: Hilde & Erik – Som det är
- P4 Kronoberg : Agnes Rehn – Goodbye
- P4 Stockholm : Julia Alfrida – Dark Room
Hilde & Erik won the competition with the entry Som det är from Malmöhus. Julia who competed in the final with her song Dark Room was selected by a jury consisted of P4’s music editors Rita Jernquist and Germund Stenhag along with Melodifestivalen’s contest manager Karin Gunnarsson and P4 Nasta’s project manager Maths Broborg.
Alfrida will have now to prepare a new song as her Melodifestivalen 2021 entry in order to comply with EBU regulations that want all ESC participating entries issued after September 1, 2020.
News Source/photo: Sverigesradio.se