Sweden: The 28 Melodifestivalen 2020 participants unveiled
The Swedish national broadcaster, SVT, revealed today the final line up of the forthcoming Melodisteivalen 2020, the show via which Sweden will determine its Eurovision 2020 representative and entry.
A total of 2545 songs were submitted to participate in the 2020 Melodifestivalen, 250 more than last year’s submissions, 28 acts have been shortlisted by the Swedish national broadcaster SVT. The 28 entries will compete in 4 semi finals , while 12 of the 28 songs will be sung in Swedish.
The next edition of Melodifestivalen is set to begin from Linköping on February 1 and the show will be presented by three hosts, Lina Hedlund, David Sundin and Linnea Henriksson.
Lets go and see how Melodifestivalen 2020 will unfold the following months:
Semi final 1: Linköping (February 1)
- Malou Prytz – “Ballerina”
- Felix Sandman – “Boys with Emotions”
- OVÖ – “Inga problem”
- The Mamas – “Move”
- Suzi P – “Moves”
- Sonja Aldén – “Sluta aldrig gå”
- Robin Bengtsson – “Take a Chance”
Robin Bengtsson, who won Melodifestivalen 2017 and represented Sweden in Kyiv finishing fifth is back again! Addiotionally, we can notice on this first semi final is included last year’s finalist Malou Prytz, Melodifestivalen 2018 2nd runner up Felix Sandman will give another shot at it this year. The Mamas, were the backing vocalists of Melodifestivalen 2019 winner, John Lundvik. Also returning is
Semi final 2: Gothenburg (February 8)
- Linda Bengtzing – “Alla mina sorger”
- Dotter – “Bulletproof”
- Anna Bergendahl – “Kingdom Come”
- Thorsten Flinck – “Miraklernas tid”
- Klara Hammarström – “Nobody”
- Paul Rey – “Talking in My Sleep”
- Mendez feat. Alvaro Estrella – “Vamos amigos”
A lot of comeback in this semi final round! We see Melodifestivalen veteran Linda Bengtzing return alongside with Dotter, Thorsten Flinck, Mendez and Alvaro Estrella. Anna Bergendahl, is too back after last year’s particiaption with “Ashes to Ashes”. Anna has won Melodifestivalen 2010 but failed to reach the final in Eurovision.
Semi final 3: Luleå (February 15)
- Faith Kakembo – “Crying Rivers”
- Amanda Aasa – “Late”
- Albin Johnsen – “Livet börjar nu”
- Drängarna – “Piga och dräng”
- Mariette – “Shout it Out”
- Anis Don Demina – “Vem är som oss”
- Mohombi – “Winners”
In the third semifinal Mariette who has reached the Melodifestivalen final three times, is back while , 2019 finalist Mohombi is joining her alongside with Albin Johnsen and Anis Don Demina.
Semi final 4: Malmö (February 22)
- Hanna Ferm – “Brave”
- Nanne Grönvall – “Carpool Karaoke”
- William Stridh – “Molnljus”
- Jakob Karlberg – “Om du tror att jag saknar dig”
- Ellen Benediktson & Simon Peyron – “Surface”
- Victor Crone – “Troubled Waters”
- Frida Öhrn – “We Are One”
Another interesting semi final roubd as Melodifestivalen 1996 winner with group One More Time, Nanne Grönvall is back. Victor Crone after winning Eesti Laul 2019 and representing Estonia in Eurovision 2019 is now aiming to win the national final on home soil . Another return is past Melodifestivalen finalist Ellen Benediktson. Simon Peyron, who previously took part in Melodifestivalen as vocalist of the group Outtrigger while Frida Öhrn has been a past Melodifestivalen participant as member of the groups LaRoxx and Cookies ‘N’ Beans.
Once the four semifinals are held, the Second Chance Round will take place at Eskilstuna on February 29, while the Melodifestivalen 2020 final is set to take place at Stockholm on the 7th of March 2020.