The Netherlands: Ayana to Junior Eurovision 2021
Ayana won the Dutch national final with “Mata Sugu Aō Ne” is will represent The Netherlands at Junior Eurovision 2021 in Paris.
Junior Songfestival 2021 took place this afternoon, which saw Ayana win the competition singing the song “Mata Sugu Aō Ne” and is off to Paris.
The show was presented by Romy Monteiro & Buddy Vedde, while the result of the national final was influenced 33% by an online voting, 33% by an adult jury of music professionals and 33% by a children’s jury.
A total of four acts competed in the national final:
- Ayana – Mata Sugu Aō Ne
- Melody – Niet Wat Vrienden Doen
- Priscilla – Be Alright
- SH!NE – A Million Little Things
The jury of adults was formed bythe following music professionals:
- Jeangu Macrooy (Dutch Eurovision 2020 & 2021 representative)
- Emma Hesters (Youtuber, singer and songwriter)
- Rolf Sanchez (Third place in X Factor Netherlands 2011)
The second jury made up by children was made up by:
- Unity (Dutch Junior Eurovision 2020 act)
- Robin de Haas (Dutch spokesperson at JESC 2020)
- Jackie & Janae (Junior Songfestival 2020 finalists)
Ayana’ s Junior Euovision he song has a unique mix of Dutch, English and Japanese. Not surprising, because Ayana’s mother is Japanese. Ayana has already a wide experience of singing before she auditioned for the Junior Song Contest. For 4 years he was part of “Kinderen vor Kinderan”, one of the Netherlands’ greatest children’s choir.