Tonight: United Kingdom to hold national final “Eurovision: You Decide 2019”
The time for the United Kingdom to decide its Eurovision 2019 act has come, as the country will be holding tonight its national final Eurovision: You Decide 2019.
The British national final is set to take place tonight in order to select the country’s 62nd Eurovision entry. Different than in previous years, only three songs are competing at Eurovision: You Decide 2019 as each song will be performed in two different versions and genres. After each so-called “song-off”, in which the same song will be performed by two different artists and in two versions. The winner of each duel will qualify to a Superfinal round for three acts from which the final winner will be determined.
The duels that we will see unfold tonight on stage are :
- Michael Rice – Bigger Than Us vs Holly Tandy – Bigger Than Us
- Jordan Clarke – Freaks vs MAID – Freaks
- Kerrie-Anne – Sweet Lies vs Anisa – Sweet Lies
The national final will feature a three member jury of experts and televoting, which both will contribute to the outcome of the national final. The 3 judges will decide the act and version of the song that will make it to the Superfinal round. In the Superfinal round of the show all 3 different songs will be battling for the ticket to Tel Aviv as the 3 chosen acts will perform their version of the song again. Public televote will decide which song and act will represent the United Kingdom at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019.
The acts who will form the jury panel of Eurovision: You Decide 2019, are the following:
- Rylan – past X Factor contestant, tv presenter and commentator of Eurovision 2018 for BBC.
- Marvin Humes – radio DJ and producer. He received fame as member of the group JLS. His wife Rochelle Humes was a past member of the You Decide panel.
- Mollie King – member of the female group The Saturdays, radio DJ και ex participant of the show Strictly Come Dancing on BBC.
The national final Eurovision You Decide 2019 is set to take place in BBC studios at Media City UK in Salford and will be hosted by Måns Zelmerlöw, Swedish ESC 2015 winner with the song Heroes, alongside with Mel Giedroyc who has been hosting also the Eurovision You Decide show since 2016 the year it was issued.
The national final will start at 20:30 CET and will be aired live on BBC Two