Ireland: ‘Junior Eurovision Éire 2021’ third show results
The third show of ‘Junior Eurovision Éire 2021 took place this evening selecting the first two semifinalist for the Irish JESC selection.
Ireland is returning this year to Junior Eurovision and will be selecting their representative through the show “Junior Eurovision Éire 2021”.The selection will unwind over six successive weeks with all shows been taped ahead in the RTÉ studios in Dublin. Louise Cantillon will take over the presentation, successing Eoghan McDermott, who presented every edition of the show until 2019.
The third pre-taped episode was broadcast this evening on RTE determinining the first two qualifiers for the semifinals.
Like previous year’s the panel of judges includes two permanent jurors while in the third spot will be reserved for guest judges. Namely, the two permanent jurors are:
- Niamh Ní Chróinín – Radio presenter, manager of Irish-language youth radio station Raidió Rí-Rá
- Fiachna Ó Braonáin – Member of Hothouse Flowers (interval act at Eurovision 1988) and has been serving as a judge for the Junior Eurovision Éire 2016-2018. Fiacha was also behind the composition of the Irish JESC 2019 entry “Banshee” .
In this second show the third judge’s seat was filled in by Jedward, the Irish ESC 2011 & 2012 representatives.
The 7 contestants of the night took the stage performing covers of well known songs in Irish. The three judges evaluated their performance by awarding up to ten stars to each performance. Besides the first in stars acts, the next two acts following competed in a sing-off round from which the judges selected the second qualifier to the semi final.
The acts that competed in this first round along with their repsective results are:
- Sadbh Breathnach – “Perfect” (8 + 9 + 8 = 25) – Sing-off contender
- Alison McGrath – “Castles” (9 + 10 + 8= 27) – Sing off qualifier
- Kayden Spooner – “Lonely World” (7 + 9 + 8 =24)
- Sophie Lennon – “Circle of life” (10 + 10 + 10 =30) – Direct qualifer
- Cathal Mulvey – “Take May Hand” (7 + 9 + 7 = 23)
- Ciara Hassan – “Dancing with a Stranger” (8 + 8 + 7 = 23)
- Maya & Lia Sheils – “The Cup Song” (7 + 8 + 7 = 22)
Sophie Lennon performing ‘Circle of Life’ with 30 stars secured the first spot direct to the semi final while Sadbh Breathnach and Alison McGrath went in a sing-off round which saw Alison qualify to the semi final.
The Irish Junior Eurovision selection goes on next week with the fourth qualifying round and another set of seven contestants.
News Source: ESC-Plus